Priene was an ancient Greek city, a member of Ionian League. It was also a rich port city. It’s been built three times because of natural disasters. It’s never had a great political influence but Priene had the central shrine of Ionian League and it always had a great spiritual and religious importance. Priene has a lot of beautiful Hellenic art examples. Bouleuterion, The Theater and The Temple of Athena are the most important remains to be seen.
Miletus is the home of several famous philosophers. Once it was the biggest city in Anatolia. Today the most important remains to be seen are the theater and Faustina Baths. Also the symbol of the Olympic games are originated from the lighthouse of the biggest harbor of Miletus.
Didyma is famous with Apollon Temple and Medusa Head. This temple is one of the biggest temples in the Hellenic world. Didyma was not a city but it was the place of oracles and center of the cult center for Miletus. The oracle in Didyma had quiet a reputation in ancient times.
- 08:30 Pick up from your hotel for full day Priene, Miletos and Didyma Tour.
- First we will arrive to Prienne. We will visit theater, Temple of Athena, Bouleterium, Agora and Altar of Zeus and Cybele.
- Then we will drive to Miletos. We will visit Delphinium, Nymphanion, the Theater and the Faustina Baths.
- We will drive to Didyma. First we will have lunch in a local restaurant. Then we will visit Temple of Apollon.
- 17:00 Tour ends and you will be transferred back to your hotel.
TOUR TYPE : Regular or Private Group Tour
PICK UP : 08:00
DURATION : Approx. 8 hours
INCLUSIONS : Hotel pickup and drop off, English speaking guide, Lunch, Entrance fees
EXCLUSIONS : Personal Expenses, drinks, Photos and Videos, Tips (optional)
WE SUGGEST : Sunglasses, Hat, Comfortable shoes, Camera