First of all, we will visit the House of Mother Mary. This place is discovered by Lazarist priests after a German nun described the house and the mountain according to her visions as it is the last residence of Virgin Mary. This shrine is a pilgrimage center for Catholics, being cared by Lazarist Fathers. Lazarist Fathers still celebrating the mass every day. Then we will drive to Ephesus Ancient City. Ephesus was one of the most important harbor cities in antique world and also it is mentioned in the book of Revelations as one of the seven churches. Also Celsus Library and theater in
Ephesus are the other highlights. In Ephesus we will see, Celcus Library, Temple of Hadrian, the fountain of Trajan and the Theater. We will have lunch in a local Turkish restaurant. After lunch we will visit Isa Bey Mosque which is built in 1375 by Anatolian Seljuks. The last stop of the tour
will be the Temple of Artemis, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, standing today next to Ephesus Ancient
Ephesus Tour Program
- Pick-up from your hotel in Pamukkale or Karahayit in the morning (06:15 am Karahayit / 06:30 am Pamukkale) and transfer to Selcuk.
- First we visit the Isa Bey Mosque which was constructed in 1375.
- Next we drive to Ephesus Ancient City. Among the ruins of archaeological site we see the Celsus Library, the Temple Of Hadrian and the Trajan Fountain. After walking on the historical marble street, the Great Theater where St. Paul preached will meet at the end.
- We’ll have open buffed lunch in a local Turkish restaurant.
- In the afternoon we will visit the House of Mother Mary where it is believed that she had spent the last years of her life. The last stop is The Temple of Artemis (Diana) which is one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
Guests must be able to walk approximately 1 miles over uneven and cobblestone surfaces, inclines and 10 – 30 steps. Comfortable shoes, a hat and plenty of sunscreen are recommended as shade is limited the order of the tour itinerary may vary in order to avoid congestion. Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid injuries.
TOUR TYPE : Regular or Private Group Tour
PICK UP : 06:30
DURATION : Approx. 11 hours
INCLUSIONS : Hotel pickup and drop off, English speaking guide, Lunch, Entrance fees
EXCLUSIONS : Personal Expenses, drinks, Photos and Videos, Tips (optional)
WE SUGGEST : Sunglasses, Hat, Comfortable shoes, Camera